Schools & Universities
Education System
Living cost
Member List
Upcoming Events
About Germany

WNSO main
WNSO Radio
Chautari (Forum)
Nepali Songs
Greeting cards
Homepage System
WNSO newletter



Lets now sit back and relax and take some time to read this! Ready?

First of all you might be asking where shall I start from. Ok let me answer you few things which might help you…if not feel free to get in touch with us…and we will help you in everyway we can.

I will try to explain in a playful way so you guys don't get bored. Fair enough… right? :- )

Ok let's move on!

Do I need a visa for Germany and do I also need a visa if I want to study/work in Germany? Well what will say now…of course we do but then again how?

On this (http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de ) webpage you can find out whether you need a visa for visits to Germany and Schengen states www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/aamt/buergerservice/faq/kat0/F15 of up to 90 days. Foreigners wanting to stay longer than 90 days in Germany, who want to work or study in Germany, automatically need a visa. And all foreigners staying in Germany for more than 90 days wanting to work or study in Germany need a visa. This is issued in the form of a residence permit. Click on
www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/aamt/buergerservice/faq/kat0/F11 for more information.

Well now we talked about visa…but then again you need an application to apply it right? Where will you get one?

The visa application form is often available on the webpage of the competent German mission abroad www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/adressen_html to which you must submit your application. There you can find out what other documents are to be presented with the application.
If you like, you can also print out the form here…. Click here

Ok now we have the application….but what is the procedure for a student visa and of course which documents do you need to present?

If you plan to study in Germany, you have to submit an application for a student visa to the respective German mission abroad www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/laenderinfos/adressen/index_html . Documents have to be presented proving inter alia that the applicant has been accepted for studies by the university. The German mission abroad will then forward the visa application for an opinion to the foreigners authority in the town housing the university.
The German mission abroad can only issue the visa for entry once the foreigners authority has given its approval.
Details on the documents to be presented with your visa application are often available on the WebPages of the competent German mission abroad http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/adressen_html
or directly from the mission itself

Now as we are applying for visa we gotta prove that we are financially secure…but how will you prove?

Financing can be proved by presenting the income and financial circumstances of parents, by a declaration of commitment in line with Article 84 of the German Foreigners Act made by a person with sufficient assets or income, by paying a security into a blocked account in Germany, or by depositing an annually renewable bank guarantee at a bank in Germany.

Proof of sufficient funds is also taken as satisfied if the stay is being financed by a scholarship from public funds or a scholarship from an organization recognized in Germany or a scholarship financed by public funds in the country of origin, if the Federal Foreign Office, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) http://www.daad.de/en/index.html or another German organization granting scholarships http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/aamt/buergerservice/faq/kat1/F2 has been responsible for providing the link to a German higher education institution.

Ok now I think we have everything…but what if you are married? I don't think you would like to live alone….and might be thinking to bring your wife and kids to Germany during your studies...is it possible?

Basically, no. The reunification of families of foreign students is usually only considered if the students belong to one of the following three groups:
- Postgraduate students;
- Scholarship holders;
- Nationals of the following states: all EU states, Andorra, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, USA.

In all other cases, dependants can only join foreign students in cases of particular hardship, above all if the foreign student is dependent on his/her spouse for his/her livelihood.

For families to join students in Germany, the student has to be able to support himself/herself and his/her family without social assistance. The spouse who joins the student is generally not permitted to engage in regular employment.

Ok now you are ready to go…but then again you ask can you work during the period of study in Germany to finance yourself?

In principle you can take up to three months (90 working days) of paid employment in any academic year. In exceptional cases, this can be restricted by the foreigners authority responsible for your place of residence. Paid employment is not permitted during preparatory language courses or during other preparatory courses.

Congratulations….to those who applied and got. But not all are lucky and might be asking why did it got rejected without a reason given….and what can you do now?

According to Section 66 (2) of the Foreigners Act, no reason has to be given when a visa application is rejected. You do however have the option of writing to the visa department of the competent German mission abroad www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/laenderinfos/adressen/index_html asking for the reasons leading to the rejection of your application (known as remonstration). Please note that you have to submit the remonstration yourself.

According to Section 63 (3) of the Foreigners Act, responsibility for visa affairs lies with the competent German mission abroad www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/laenderinfos/adressen/index_html. The mission bases its decision on the granting of visas on the provisions of the Foreigners Act. Often applications are rejected because the purpose of the visit lacks plausibility and there is insufficient proof of the applicant's readiness to return.

Any more questions you want to ask…or did we forget anything? Please feel free to email us. Alternatively, you can visit our global forums at http://chautari.wnso.org/forums/ where thousands of Nepalese students share information and raise your question there. Only with your questions we can search for answers. So don't let us down. We are waiting for you.


Click here to listen WNSO radio
Click here to send ecards to your love one
Click here to go to WNSO music site